A Generation at Risk: The Global Impact of HIV/AIDS on Orphans and Vulnerable Children

By Geoff Foster (Editor), John Williamson, Carol Levine (Editor)

Publisher: Cambridge University Press, September 2005
ISBN: 0521652642
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
FROM THE PUBLISHER
A Generation at Risk brings up-to-date and insightful perspectives from experienced practitioners and researchers on how a better future can be secured for the millions of children who are being orphaned or made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS. The current situation of these children is grim, and while there has been significant action in the last few years by governments, international organizations, religious bodies, and nongovernmental organizations, the vast majority of children made vulnerable by AIDS have not benefited from any assistance from beyond their own extended family and community. A Generation at Risk explains in straightforward terms what is required to fill this gap. The book addresses what needs to be done in the areas of education, community mobilization and capacity building, economic strengthening at household and community levels, psychosocial support, and the protection of children and the fulfillment of their rights.
Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews