Blues All around Me: The Autobiography of B. B. King

By B. B. King, David Ritz

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers, December 1999
ISBN: 0380807602
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
From the Publisher
From the rural poverty of the Mississippi Delta to his celebrated position as the world's leading blues musician, B. B. King has led a remarkable life. In this riveting autobiography, he dramatizes his whirlwind adventures from the Memphis of the forties to the Moscow of the nineties with unflinching candor and sincerity—disclosing his complex relationships with women and chronicling his experience with racism, the Civil Rights movement, and the shifting politics of show business. But most of all, B. B. 's story is the story of the blues—the evolution from country acoustic to urban electric; the birth and explosion of rock 'n' roll—and B. B.' s own long but ultimately triumphant struggle for crossover success, during which he remained unwaveringly true to the music of his heart.

Author Biography: B.B. King hit the road in 1951 and has been on it ever since. He is the recipient of uncountable honors and awards, including an honorary doctorate from Yale University, a Presidential Medal of the Arts, an MTV award for Best Video ("When Love Comes To Town"), and seven Grammy Awards (with sixteen nominations). He is a member of the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame and the Blues Hall of Fame, and has more than 74 albums to his credit.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews