The MY HERO Project | Library

Ansel Adams: 400 Photographs

By Ansel Adams, Andrea G. Stillman (Editor)

Publisher: Little, Brown & Company, October 2007
ISBN: 0316117722
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
Synopsis
In a career that spanned six decades, Ansel Adams produced a remarkable body of work that is at once an artistic tour de force and a powerful tribute to his beloved American wilderness. Adams was given his first camera, a Kodak Box Brownie, in 1916, and made his first photographs during a family vacation in Yosemite National Park. Thus began a career and a lifetime devoted to making indelible images of America''s wild places, its national parks, and its great mountain ranges.

This book is the largest compilation of Adams'' photographic oeuvre ever published. Organized chronologically, it presents the full range of his finest work, from early efforts in the 1920s, to his projects in the national parks in the 1940s, up through his last important photographs of the 1960s. Included are Adams'' most popular images – many of them icons of twentieth-century art – as well as a number of masterly but little-known photographs.

Ansel Adams: 400 Photographs offers an unprecedented survey of his development as an artist, of the themes and subjects that animate his work, and of the evolution of a style that is uniquely that of Ansel Adams – America''s best-known and best-loved photographer.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews