Angels in Our Midst

By Mary Fisher, David McNabb (With)

Publisher: Moyer Bell, July 1997
ISBN: 1559212187
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
Synopsis
For human power, no set of people are extraordinary as the caregivers who come, most of them unpaid, to help us manage our lives when life itself grows fragile and fearful. They are, collectively, an almost entirely invisible army of compassion. These are the words of Mary Fisher, AIDS activist, mother, artist and photographer, former advice woman for President Gerald Ford, former wife who, in a loving marriage, contracted the virus that causes AIDS.

To make visible this "invisible army of compassion," Mary Fisher set out to photograph caregivers of people - children, women, men - with HIV and AIDS.

Twenty quiet heroes won the annual National Outstanding Caregiver Award from Mary Fisher's Family AIDS Network. Mary Fisher's compassionate text and photographs vividly record the people whose resolute acts of mercy and love make them "God's Angels" in the fight against AIDS.

In over ninety photographs Mary Fisher captures extraordinary moments of love, faith, and courage in the lives of AIDS caregivers.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews