Keeping Faith: Memoirs of a President

By Jimmy Carter

Publisher: University of Arkansas Press, July 1995
ISBN: 1557283303
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
Synopsis
Keeping Faith is Jimmy Carter''s account of the satisfaction, frustration, and solitude that attend the man in the Oval Office. Mr. Carter writes candidly about the crises that confronted him during his tenure as President of the United States and Leader of the free world, from 1977 to 1981. "The President who cared" details his anguish over the hostage crisis in Iran, his triumph against all odds at Camp David, his secret communications with China''s Deng Xiaoping, and his dramatic and revealing encounters with Soviet President Leonid Brezhnev, West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt, and other world leaders. Mr. Carter also shares glimpses of his private world - his feelings of being an outsider in Washington, his relationship with Rosalynn, his pain about the attacks on his friends and his brother Billy. Captivatingly written, this rich historical document delineates a morally responsible president who has continued to earn respect and admiration as a world statesman and advocate for the poor and repressed of all nations.
Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews