Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

In the Heart of Life: A Memoir
by Kathy Eldon

ISBN: 978-0062048622

MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.

In 1977, Kathy Eldon moved with her husband and two children from England to Kenya, where she found freedom as she had never known it before and was ready to push back from her old, restrictive life. Diving into this tumultuous new world as a journalist and writer, she embraced the energy and creativity of Kenyans, both black and white. But her world collapsed when her twenty-two-year-old son, Danóan artist and photojournalist on assignment for Reutersówas stoned to death by an angry mob in Somalia, killed by the very people he was trying to help. Kathy's journey through this tragic loss was deeply spiritual as she discovered that, in many ways, Dan was still ever-present in her life. This gripping international saga includes a passionate love, a dangerous coup in Kenya, and a compelling glimpse into a woman on the brink of self-discovery. After her son's murder, Kathy began to publish his art, which gained popularity worldwide andótogether with her daughter, Amyólaunched a global foundation celebrating Dan's work as a creative activist. Throughout Kathy's exploration of profound tragedy, we find the secrets to not only surviving, but being truly, gloriously alive.

Purchase this book

Hero(es) associated:
Kathy Eldon by Xenia Shin

Add your comments

Name

Comments

Human check: please fill in the answer below...
1,2,3,4,5,6,,8,9,10

Copyright by The MY HERO Project

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us