Martin Luther King

By Rosemary L. Bray

Publisher: Mulberry Books/William Morrow & Co. 1997
ISBN: 068813131X
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
From the Publisher
"A fine introduction to the life of King—lucid, real, captivating. Bray starts with King's early years in the American South, his exposure to segregation and racism, his schooling, and his family life before detailing his civil rights experiences. In direct, punchy writing, Bray makes understandable the broadening of King's political work to include his antiwar activity and his war on poverty....Zeldis's folk art, gouache primitives, are bright eye-catchers....She and Bray breathe new life into King's story and into the details of the civil rights movement as well."—Kirkus Reviews.
User Reviews:
Queen marie | 11/10/2015 4:25 AM
This was a relly good book!!!!!!!!!!!!
eonisha afflick | 2/7/2011 12:07 PM
ilove that book
nino | 6/20/2010 1:04 AM
i have a dream to.
lantoinette geohaghan | 11/29/2007 11:48 PM
i think that this book was one of the nicest, touching, encouraging, couragueous books i've ever read about how this child MARTIN LUTHER KING FOUGHT FOR WHAT HE BELIEVED IN.
jjj | 11/7/2007 3:27 AM
this book is great
Megan Washington | 1/16/2006 7:10 AM
Martin luther king Jr. Is my hero and he will always be my hero because if it was not for him I would not have caucasion friends

hassan abdullahi | 11/27/2005 5:01 AM
martin luther king jr. was a great man that wanted to have freedom and wanted his country to have freedom too!!!!! AMERICA

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews