The MY HERO Project | Library

Thanks to My Mother

By Shoshanah Rabinovici, James Skofield (Translator), Schoschana Rabinovici, Reinhardt Jung

Publisher: Puffin; Reprint Edition (March 2000)
ISBN: 0141305967
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
Susie Weksler was only eight when Hitler's forces invaded her city of Vilnius, Lithuania. Soon her family would face the hunger and fear of the Vilnius ghetto, but worse was to come.
User Reviews:
vanessa | 12/9/2010 7:21 AM
wooooow!!! i most admire this loving book!!the struggle was very very moving! i would never wish this on anyone
briana | 8/25/2009 4:41 AM
this book is amazing i read it in 6th grade and just recently i re.read it, its a must read book you wont be able too put it down but be aware this littles girls storie is horribly sad:(
Lola | 4/5/2008 4:44 AM
I can't find this book anywhere and would love to read it. I have look in all sorts of book shops and libraries and they don't have it where did u get yours from please help!

Have you asked your local library to request the book from another branch?  If they are unable to get a copy for you, the book can be ordered online from any of the major online bookstores.

-- The MY HERO Library Staff

Lucia | 3/25/2008 12:00 PM
This is one of the saddest books I have ever read. I have read a couple holocaust books before this one as well. I find it like an interesting, heart-wrenching history book. Read this book and you won't be dissapointed. I promise. This poor girl had to go through so much, it is only fair that you read her book. I can't express how thankful I am that I never(even though I'm a Christian) that I have never had to go through anything that horrid. READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!
Emily | 3/19/2008 4:29 AM
this book is amazing. I really recommend it to anyone who would like to further their knowledge on concentration camps and their survivors. This books is captivating. It really takes you on the journey that the author endured. It also gave me a new found respect for the woman who had to go through so much torture and survived at all costs.
Faith | 11/25/2007 6:12 AM
I abosolutly love this book. It made me cry, a 6th grader. I chose this book for a book report and i got an A+ on it! I was very happy she is my hero, sad how her mother is not really her mother.
Shorty | 10/25/2007 2:23 AM
this is one of the saddest books i have ever read...the way that Susie told her story made me feel like i was there suffering with her...putting it down was hard but i had to some things that she described were to hard for me deal with..i cried way to much....
Taryn | 2/28/2007 2:15 AM
this is one of the best books i have ever read. Her story is soo moving and it felt like i was right there next to her.
E | 12/19/2005 10:20 PM
THis is an excellent book. I couldn't put it down.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews