Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

The Journey Is the Destination: The Journals of Dan Eldon
by Dan Eldon, Kathy Eldon (Editor)

Publisher: Chronicle Books; (October 1997)
ISBN: 0811815862

MY HERO recommends this book to young adult readers.

From the Publisher
Dan Eldon lived more in 22 years than most people do in 80. He traveled through four continents, led expeditions across Africa, wrote a book, worked as a graphic designer in New York, made a film, and became a respected photojournalist -- all before his sudden, violent death in Somalia. This is no ordinary diary; it is an astonishing collage of photographs, drawings, words, maps, clippings, paints, scraps, shards, and trash that reveals his strange and vivid life. The wild trips and weird places, the lovers and late nights, the danger and fun are captured in pages that seem to shiver with passion, opinion, and dark humor. Eldon's journal holds up a pure mirror to both the sickness of the modern world and the fragile happiness of the human condition, and ultimately, reveals the accidental beauty that only a young artist can truly capture.

Hero(es) associated:
Dan Eldon by Wendy Jewell
Kathy Eldon by Wendy Jewell
Kathy Eldon by Xenia Shin

Users Reviews:

sophie 10/29/2008 6:59:42 AM
i feel so sorry for kathy hope she gets over the grief

yeray 1/9/2007 3:29:04 AM
Hi, regards from spain, how i can buy this book? You can purchase the book from any online bookstore. -- The MY HERO Project Library Staff

Add your comments

Name

Comments

Human check: please fill in the answer below...
1,2,3,4,5,6,,8,9,10

Copyright by The MY HERO Project

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us