1001 Things Everyone Should Know About Women''s History

By Constance Jones

Publisher: Main Street Books; (February 15, 2000)
ISBN: 0385483872
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
Synopsis
In clear and engaging prose, Constance Jones gives readers an entertaining and panoramic view of the female half of history. She covers the women that we all ought to know, like Queen Elizabeth I, Helen Keller, and Marie Curie, as well as other leading female politicians, artists, athletes, physicians, teachers, soldiers, criminals, spiritual leaders, entertainers, poets, inventors, lovers, and thrill seekers of every sort. In addition to presenting a well-rounded survey of their achievements, she offers a healthy smattering of amusing, startling, and scandalous tidbits--the naughty stuff that makes history so much fun. 1001 THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT WOMEN'S HISTORY puts history at your fingertips--in pithy, easily read mini-essays, lavishly illustrated with one hundred photographs. Like all the 1001 books, it can be read from beginning to end or opened at random and browsed without confusion. This is history the way it should be taught: concise, fun, and accessible.
User Reviews:
| 3/23/2006 5:03 AM
I am hoping all of the books here are as good as that one it truly was amazing!!!!!!!!   Everyone studying women history should read this book!

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews