The MY HERO Project | Library

Inez: The Life and Times of Inez Milholland

By Linda J. Lumsden

Publisher: Indiana University Press, May 2004
ISBN: 0253344182
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
From the Publisher
The colorful life of Inez Milholland, one of America’s most celebrated suffragists and independent New Women.
User Reviews:
John Tepper Marlin | 3/7/2008 3:11 PM
Why is William J. Jackson's name listed as co-author of Linda Lumsden's book about Inez Milholland? There is no Jackson on the cover, in the acknowledgments, even in the index.

Thank you for bringing this error to our attention.

-- The MY HERO Library Staff

John Tepper Marlin | 3/7/2008 3:08 PM
March 8, 2008 (100th anniversary of a 15,000-strong march by women needle workers in New York City) Some pages of information and photos on Inez Milholland have been posted at www.boissevain.us - a page has been created to commemorate the 100th anniversary this June of her defying the President of Vassar by holding a suffrage meeting (while a Vassar junior) at the off-campus Calvary cemetery in Poughkeepsie. President James Monroe Taylor threatened to expel any student who attended the event. But 40 students showed up, along with faculty and alumnae, and the media coverage was extensive. Inez stayed on to deliver the Class Day speech in 1909 and went on to NYU Law School.
Roland Boissevain of Bosham, W.Sussex. U.K. | 11/19/2005 2:14 AM
What a woman! 4 years after her untimely death women won the vote in the USA and yet 90 years on they still do not have full rights, especially in Africa and Arabia.
How slow the worm turns? You girls, keep up the good work started by Inez.

Her husband, a relative of mine, went on to marry another dynamic woman poet and writer Edna St. Vincent Millais.
Leah Milholland | 11/17/2005 6:28 PM
An important figure in American History, our families will forever remember her courage and crusade for women's rights.
Brandy Maire Davis | 4/26/2005 11:08 PM
I think she was brave for what she did for womens rights.
zkj | 7/30/2004 12:11 PM
i love this book.
u know i am from china.
Randal Marlin | 7/18/2004 12:17 AM
Inez Milholland was the wife of my great-uncle Eugen Boissevain, and I have known for a long time about her brilliant personality and passionate crusade. I write about Propaganda and the Ethics of Persuasion: it is interesting to see how she successfully worked to change deeply entrenched opinion around.
Ellen Siu | 3/25/2004 4:40 AM
It's nice to see so much interest in my Great Aunt. There has been a lot of talk about her among family members, especially over the neglected state of her grave. We are glad her contributions haven't been forgotten....and if they ever re-enact the parade, my sister wants to be the one on the white horse!

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews