Press_Release

MY HERO & Creative Visions Foundation Honor Music Arts Educators

CONTACT: Jeanne Meyers FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Co-founder/Director MY HERO
[email protected]
949-376-5963

MY HERO TO HOST CELEBRATION OF MUSIC ARTS EDUCATORS

SANTA MONICA, CA – 6/8/15 - This weekend, The MY HERO Project and Creative Visions Foundation will host a multimedia event to celebrate Music Arts Educators.  Everyone is welcome to attend the event, which takes place Saturday, June 13, 2015, at the Herb Alpert Educational Village at New Roads School in Santa Monica.  
Herb Alpert Educational Village - Moss Theater
3131 Olympic Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90404
http://myhero.com/go/june13
A jazz music reception will kickoff the evening, from 5:30 – 6:30 PM.  Immediately following is a program featuring musical performances, including the choir from Harmony Project (www.harmony-project.org) will entertain the audience.  

The presentation of awards will begin at 6:30, followed by the screening of IMBA Means Sing, an award-winning documentary that explores the power of music and the impact of education.  
Honorees include:
Guitars in the Classroom, 
Playing for Change Foundation
Harmony Project
IMBA Means Sing

IMBA Means Sing won the first place award for Best Trailer last year at the MY HERO International Film Festival.  It also screened this year at South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas.

The Playing for Change Foundation won MY HERO's 2009 Media Award, which honors those who use media to create social good.

MY HERO would like to encourage music arts education organizations, teachers, students and parents to attend.  Tables will be provided for participating organizations to share their information and materials with the public.

The evening is free to the public, with a suggested donation of $10.  
To reserve your spot, visit http://myhero.com/go/june13
The MY HERO Project is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of everyday heroes from all walks of life. Submissions are being accepted for MY HERO’s 20th Anniversary Multimedia Festival’s Song Contest.  MY HERO is looking for original songs, by students and teachers, that honor local and global heroes.  A $500 first prize will be given for the best song.  Subsequent prizes include Musical Instruments and an opportunity to record a song in a Pro Recording Studio.  Artists, educators and the public will be the judges.  All winning songs will be featured on MY HERO and Guitars in the Classroom websites.  Visit the MY HERO website (www.myhero.com) for more information or to enter the Song Contest.