LESSON PLAN

MY HERO Multimedia Social Studies Resources for Elementary Students: A Peaceful World

Enrich student learning with these multimedia resources

A 5th grade class in Canada asked their global partners "How do you imagine Peace?". This film, Imagine Peace, showcases drawings made by children around the world that show what they imagine peace would look like. These drawings are all from Canada, the USA, Australia, East Jerusalem, Iraq, Iran, Taiwan, and Afghanistan illustrating how each child imagined peace. 

How do you imagine peace? Students create artwork illustrating how they imagine peace and submit thier artwork to the MY HERO Gallery. 

Imagine Peace

Produced by:Mali Bickley & The Dreamteam
A collection of art and prose from children of the world who imagine peace.

Additional Films for Elementary Students

Amai & Sadako's Prayer

Produced by:ANT Hiroshima
Amai the bird of light takes her friends on an exciting adventure where they learn about Hope, forgiveness and peace.

Picture the World (3:18)

Producer: The Dreamteam
Picture A World of Peace

The Peace of Wild Things

Katy Wang
When despair for the world grows in me… ...I come into the peace of wild things. ~Wendell Barry

Let them Bloom (2:47)

Producer: Fauzia Minallah from PAKISTAN
A simple prayer for peace with beautiful illustrations.

Playing For Change: Peace Through Music (11:31)

Producer: Whitney Kroenke Burditt, David Ernst Bacon, and Norman Lear
Playing for Change | Peace through Music

Hummingbird [excerpt from dirt! THE MOVIE]

Produced by:Bill Benenson, Gene Rosow and Eleonore Dailly
Wangari Maathai shares a simple story to illustrate a powerful point.

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. Which film did you like the most? Why?

2. Draw a picture representing Peace or create a short film. Submit your project to MY HERO.

3. Who is your peace hero and why?

Students can share their Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program

How to use MY HERO's Create Program to Publish Stories, Art, Film and Audio for Students

Tutorial for students: Publish written stories, film, original artwork and audio in MY HERO's multimedia library.

Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Teachers' Calendar

Organizer created on 3/17/2020 1:39:39 PM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 8/8/2023 11:15:30 AM by Laura Nietzer