Stories by MY HERO Staff

James Redford and Karen Pritzker

By: Betty Bailey

Tiffany Shlain

By: Wendy Jewell from The MY HERO Project

Tiffany Shlain is Director and Founder of the Webby Awards.

MacGillivray Family

MacGillivray Family founded the non-profit MacGillivray Freeman Films Educational Foundation.

Cynthia Costas Cohen

Cynthia Costas Cohen goes to the front lines of disasters to help with post-traumatic stress.

Matthew Henson

By: Claudia Herrera Hudson

Matthew Henson was a brave African-American Arctic explorer, and the co-discoverer of the North Pole.

Maria Tallchief

By: Rebecca Miller

Maria Tallchief was a Native American ballerina known worldwide for her outstanding performances.

Stories by Professional Writers

John Muir

By: Harold W. Wood, Jr.

John Muir advocated preservation, feeling that natural areas promote mental health.

Erin Gruwell

By: Annie Merkley

Erin Gruwell continues to inspire educators and students around the world with her compassion and wisdom.

Mattie Stepanek

By: Jim Hawkins

Mattie Stepanek is a hero to people of all ages around the world.

Daniel Ellsberg

By: Robert Ellsberg

Daniel Ellsberg is a whistle blower and truth teller responsible for publishing the Pentagon Papers.

Stories by Students

Joneice

By: Kia

Joneice proved how strong a young girl can be to her sister, Kia.

Jeremy Glick

By: Emmy from Saddle River

Jeremy Glick was a hero of Flight 93 and Emmy's beloved father.

Raden Adjeng Kartini

By: Trisha from Spokane

Temple Grandin

By: Kobie from Riley

Temple took control and embraced her autism for the greater good.

More Stories by Professional, College, High School and Elementary School Writers

Elementary and Middle School Stories

Some of our favorite essays... These stories were selected for being well-written and for speaking to the heart of both the writer and the reader.

High School Stories

Some of our favorite high school essaysThese selected stories are well-written and speak to the heart of both the writer and the reader.

College stories

Our favorite stories by college students

Professional Stories from MY HERO

Stories written by professional writers, teachers and staff

We would love to hear YOUR story. Create a STORY account and tell the world about your hero!

•Your submission must be your own, original work! MY HERO's mission is to celebrate the best of humanity.

•MY HERO will not knowingly exhibit any work that has been plagiarized or reproduced from another website or from any other source.

•MY HERO will not exhibit any content that promotes hatred, violence, racism, sexism, or prejudice of any kind.

•All work published by MY HERO must be appropriate for all age viewers, including students and children.