2014 Film Festival Submissions (Thematic)

Human Rights, Humanitarian, Environmental, Poetic, Overcoming Obstacles, Educational, Activist Series

Human Rights

I'll take it from here... Because I'm a Girl
Producer: Raj Yagnik, Shona Hamilton

One in three girls around the world is denied an education by the daily realities of poverty, conflict or discrimination.

Disruption [Trailer]

Producer: Produced by: Paco de Onis / Directed by: Pamela Yates
Can 20 million women upend a continent?

Mujeres [Trailer]

Producer: Wayne Schoenfeld
Led by heroic women working to have their voices heard, to reclaim the majesty of their Guatemala, "Mujeres" is ultimately a film about hope and the gift of the sorrow eaters.

Through Their Eyes

Producer: Lu Liu & Tony Mendez
The New Life school in Guatemala provides access to education for children who are unable to attend school otherwise. Many of these children have disabilities, from which they're learning to overcome.

Humanitarian

A Simple Man with a Peaceful Heart

Producer: Bua Philip Ortavershima
Br.John has been there for young people in all phases of their lives. When there is no food, he gives them chocolate, bread and cake which he makes himself.

Monk Dreams

Producer: Polly Green
With faith, vision and determination, anything is possible.

My African Home

Producer: Carley Andrews
My African Home is the story of an Australian woman who traveled to Tanzania and established a home for orphaned children.

The Cage Bird

Producer: Directed by Md. Ashraful Alam (Ashraf Shishir)
THE CAGE BIRD is a documentary film by Ashraf Shishir which was filmed in 2012.

Environmental

Blocus 138

Producer: Mylene Guay
This documentary shows the events of March 9th, 2012, during the road block of the 138, and describes, with exactitude, the action and emotion of the moment.

Habitat for the Endangered

Producer: Tom Dusenbery
A biologist by training, Rudi Putra is dismantling illegal palm oil plantations that are causing massive deforestation in northern Sumatra’s Leuser Ecosystem, protecting the habitat of the critically endangered Sumatran rhino.

Pacific Marine Mammal Center

Producer: Producers Amy Sabreen, Roddy Tabatabai and John McCarthy
The Pacific Marine Mammal Center rescues, rehabilitates, releases marine mammals and inspires ocean stewardship through research, education and collaboration.

The View Through My Mask

Producer: Richard Morris
Experience the Ocean through the mask of Dr. Sylvia Earle

We Sing Out

Producer: Lynne Cherry
A group of kids and folk legend, Pete Seeger making the world a better place with music.

Poetic

Falling

Producer: Adriano Cirulli
A study of human interaction expressed through movement and sound.

Flight

Producer: Alex Fortmann
A young man holds on to creativity and inspiration, despite growing up.

Sea Fever

Producer: Tim Davies
A poetic & musical expression of connecting to the mighty sea.

Words

Producer: Mark Lawson Shepard
Monologue about the power of words.

Overcoming Obstacles

Lunch with Yoshi

Producer: Chaitanya Gopinath

Suitcase

Producer: Michael Brown
Along with interviews that include doctors Scott Hunter and Kathleen Hopkins, this film brings fun and encouraging news that Autism is nothing but an obstacle.

Zindagaani A Story Untold

Producer: AISFM / Directed by: Akshat Ajay Sharma
After suffering from a terrible accident, S. Sriram still works hard to make a living for his family and provide an education for his family.

Educational

Coral Reef Restoration

Producer: Produced & Directed by Hector Ruiz
Coral reef restoration techniques to help recover populations of threatened species in the Caribbean.

Ending Overfishing

Producer: Produced by: / Directed by: Uli Henrik Streckenbach
Overfishing is a human-made threat to our world's oceans and requires immediate action.

The Science of Character

Producer: Tiffany Shlain
A "cloud film" that explores how you can build your character to achieve a more fulfilling life.

Unwarranted Influence

Producer: Janek Ambros
A look at what President Eisenhower described as the military industrial complex.

Activist Series

Corrupting Nature

Producer: John Antonelli
An internationally recognized bat expert and zoologist, Suren Gazaryan led multiple campaigns exposing government corruption and illegal use of federally protected forestland along Russia’s Black Sea coast.

Dirty Business

Producer: Will Parrinello
With a small internet café as his headquarters, Ramesh Agrawal organized villagers to demand their right to information about industrial development projects and succeeded in shutting down one of the largest proposed coal mines in the state of Chhattisgarh, India.

Home Rules

Producer: Tom Dusenbery
Using a clause in the state constitution that gives municipalities the right to make local land use decisions, Helen Slottje provided pro-bono legal assistance, helping towns across New York defend themselves from oil and gas companies by passing local bans on fracking.

Mobilize Me

Producer: Jacob Seigel-Boettner
The first in a series of five shorts about the power of the bicycle. Produced for World Bicycle Relief on location in Zambia.

Organizer created on 10/22/2014 12:57:21 PM by Jun Kelly

Last edited 11/9/2016 7:04:02 AM by Jun Kelly