Edgar Allan Poe

by Rina Woo from Guam

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

Allan Poe was an American poet, he was born on January 19, 1809 and he died on October 7,1849. "Hes a short story writer, editor and literacy critic and is considered part of the American Romantic Movement." He was one of the earliest Amrican writer of the short story. Best known for his tales of mystery."He was the first well-known American writer to try to earn a living through writing alone, resulting in a financially difficult life and career"

He was born in Boston, Massachusetts, Poe's parents died when he was young. Poe was taken in by John and Frances Allan, of Richmond, Virginia. After spending a short period at the University of Virginia and shortly attempting a military career, Poe and the Allans parted ways. "Poe's publishing career began, with an anonymous collection of poems, Tamerlane and Other Poems (1827), credited only to a Bostonian."

Poe focused on prose and spent the next several years working for literary journals and periodicals, becoming known for his own style of literary criticism. In Baltimore in 1835, he married Virginia Clemm, his 13-year-old cousin. In January 1845, Poe published his poem "The Raven" and became successful. His wife died of tuberculosis two years later.

He began planning to produce his own journal, The Penn, though he died before it could be produced. On October 7, 1849, at age 40, Poe died in Baltimore; the cause of his death is unknown and has been attributed to alcohol, brain congestion, cholera, drugs, heart disease, rabies, suicide tuberculosis, and other agents.

"Poe and his works influenced literature in the United States and around the world, as well as in specialized fields, such as cosmology and cryptography." Poe and his work became famous throughout popular culture in literature, music, films, and television. A number of his poets are dedicated in museums today.

During his lifetime, Poe was mostly recognized as a literary critic. Fellow critic James Russell Lowell called him "the most discriminating, philosophical, and fearless critic upon imaginative works who has written in America

http://facultate.regielive.ro/referate/romana/edgar_allan_poe-61912.html

Returned to unsubmitted folder. Email sent 10/27/08 rm

My hero name is Edgar Allan Poe, he is a Poetry. if you wanna know more about this hero enter my site!