Abraham Lincoln

by Leah from Roxboro

Abraham Lincoln was born on Febuary 12,1809, in Kentucky. Lincoln was the first president born outside the 13 colonies. Lincoln had two siblingsSarah and Thomas which died as infants. Lincolns mother Nancy Hanks Lincoln, died of milk poisoning. Lincolns favorite sport was wrestling. Lincolns favorite dessert was White Almond Cake. Lincolns favorite poem was Mortality by William Knox. Lincoln loved the words by Edgar Allen Poe. Lincoln had a dog named Fido. Lincolns grandfather was also named Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was married to Mary Todd Lincoln. Lincoln had four sons. Lincolns sons names were Robert Todd, Edward Baker, William Wallance, and Thomas "Tad". Lincold worked as a railsplitter,store clerk, and a lawyer. Lincoln kept letters, bills, and notes in his stovetop hat. Lincoln was a captian in the Black't Hawk War. Lincoln pioleted flatboats. Lincoln was 6'4'' the tallest president. Lincoln, Nebraska was named after Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was attending the play Our American Cousin when he was assassinated. Lincoln died on April 15, 1865

Abraham Lincoln was very noble and honest man and that is only one of the reasons he inspires me. Abraham Lincoln did something so great for this country. I feel it was one of the greatest things any one could of did for this country. I think Abraham Lincoln just had so much love and compassion, and just cared for everyone so mush that he really, truly felt at heart that everyone should be free. He thought that slavery should be abolished, but feared he may not have enough time and mannor to do so. Abraham Lincoln said this quote on March 24, 1862, "I am a little uneasy about the abolishment of slavery in this District, not but I would be glad to see it abolished, but as to the time and mannor of doing it." Another good quote by Abraham Lincoln is this one written on November 5, 1855 "Always bear in your mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing." Abraham Lincoln has said many great quotes and here is another, written on July 4, 1861, "And having thus chosen our course, without guile, and with pure purpose, let us renew our trust in god, and go forward without fear, and with manly hearts."

While Abraham Lincoln was in the process of freeing the slaves this is what happened during this time. After Lincolns election, many Southern states, fearing Republican control in the government, seceded from the Union. Lincoln faced the greatest international crisis of any U.S. president. After the fall of Ft. Sumter, Lincoln raised an army and decided to fight to save the Union from falling apart. Initially, Liincoln anticipated a short conflict, he called for 75, 000 volunteers to serve for 3 months. Despite enormous pressures, loss of life, battlefield, setbacks, bickering amoung his cabinet members, generals who weren't ready to fight, assassination threats, ect. "Lincoln stuck with this pro-Union for four long years of Civil War." On January 1, 1863 the Emancipation Proclimation went into effect. This was Lincoln's decleration of freedom for all slave in the areas of Confederacy not under Union control. Also, on November 19, 1863, Lincolngave his famous Gettysburg Address wich is dedicated to the battlefield there to the soldiers who had parished. He called on the living to finish the task the dead soldiers had begun. Lincoln was the first presidential assassination in American history. And this is how it came about.

some plagiarism