h d MY HERO Teachers Room : An online community for educators with lesson Plans, resources and collaborative tools

Welcome, Guest (Login)
HERO'S that are
What's this project about...

Spreading Gratitude Rocks is a global grassroots not-for-profit whose "soul" mission is to share & expand the spirit of gratefulness in the world.   We have a special emphasis in our programs towards helping educate the youth of the world on gratitude, as well as other positive character traits. We believe you should not just teach children to count, but you should teach them WHAT counts.  

We are creating a film called, "Making Man...kind".   We will be interviewing people of various cultures & backgrounds regarding gratitude, compassion, generosity, empathy, & other traits that make man...kind. We will also incorporate photos & video from landmarks around the world of group hugs & high-fives, which are expressions of gratitude.  We will demonstrate that although we may live in different parts of the globe & practice different cultures & religion, the language of gratitude is universal.  "If you never learn the language of gratitude, you will never be on speaking terms with happiness."

We welcome the heroes of today & tomorrow to collaborate with us on this project by contributing videos & photos.  We intend to produce a film with the prolific popularity of "The Secret", but whose mission is purely one of giving. 

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of all virtues, but it is the parent of all others"

Cicero is one of many ancient philosophers who knew the value of merits such as gratitude.  In modern society we often undervalue or forget the importance of such virtues in our daily lives.  With so many distractions and wonderful technological advances, our human connection to each other is suffering.  Lets reward and encourage grateful hearts and minds in our youth & society, rather than nourish an attitude of entitlement.  Gratitude is the key.  It is the cornerstone to so many other great qualities and characteristics that make man...kind.  

Activity (4)

11/5/2016 - Joined this project

2/19/2014 - Joined this project

1/15/2013 - ""

1/15/2013 - Project Created

Project Details

DATE START
3/1/2013
DATE END
12/1/2013

GRADE LEVEL
All Ages
Created by

JULIA ROSE
View Profile

Home Lesson Plans Calendar Resources Community Participate Selected Stories FAQs Survey

The Teacher's Room is a program of

The MY HERO Project
With support from:

©2012 The MY HERO Project • Please read our Privacy Policy