2018 Dan Eldon Activist Award Finalists

In celebration of the spirit of Artist, Activist, Photo-journalist Dan Eldon
these finalists highlight activists and their worthy causes.

Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights

PAUL PAZ Y MINO
Protecting the Amazon and our climate by supporting indigenous peoples

mothers2mothers: Chancy

Jo Higgs
Mothers2mothers addresses the health needs of under-served communities in Africa by empowering "Mentor Mothers" to work in local communities and provide medical services that are sorely lacking.

Illegal Activists - The Battle for Norway's Fjords

Julia Dahr, Julie Lunde Lillesæter
Young activists decide to break the law to stop a mining company from dumping waste into a Norwegian fjord.

Art for Peace

Shanshan Chen
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of South Sudan's young artists battling for peace with the music, film and poetry.

The Last Straw

Lynne Cherry
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.

Educate Girls

Produced by:Skoll Foundation
In India, the majority of girls do not complete their primary education. Educate Girls is working to make education more accessible to girls by partnering with public schools, training local champions for girls’ education, and mobilizing communities to help girls achieve their full potential

More About Dan Eldon

Dan Eldon Activist Award Sizzle

Produced by:Hila Hamidi
Learn about the Dan Eldon Activist Award in the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Dan Eldon

By: Wendy Jewell
Dan Eldon inspired Kathy Eldon with his art, his poetry and his life.

Organizer created on 10/11/2018 5:50:06 PM by

Last edited 11/16/2018 12:57:55 PM by Wendy Milette