Abraham Lincoln

by Basit from Wyoming

Abraham Lincoln
<a href=http://static.flickr.com/89/247675793_4a3f351794.jpg>Abraham Lincoln</a>
Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln was a very honest person and because of this, he became president of the United States. He belonged to political parties, such as the Whigs and the Republicans. He was born on Feb. 12, 1809 near Hodgenville, Kentucky. Abraham married Mary Todd and they had four children.

The first thing I am going to write about is when he was young. He loved learning but the school was closed on farming season. He loved to be with his dad. His dad taught him how to cut trees. He would go outside with his dad and get food for the family.

The second thing I am going to talk about is what he has done. When he got job he would move to new places. When he did he would see slaves starving and working hard and tired. He hated seeing that so he made a deal for 50% of the slave to let go. Also he became a president. He helps his dad with farming and helping the family.

The third thing I am going to talk about is what jobs he had. In the old day he used to be a surveyor. He was lawyer. And he used to be a postmaster. Also he was a president.

The last thing I am going to talk about is what made him a hero. He became a hero because he tried to free slaves. And also he was in the Civil War and he had lots of help and people started volunteering to help win the war. And then there was a tragic ending. Abraham Lincoln was shot by Johns Wilkes Booth at the theater.

All in all those are the reason why I picked this hero and why he should be your hero.