Alex Bates

by Olivia from Glenview

Alex Bates ( (I made this Picture ))
Alex Bates ( (I made this Picture ))

LISTEN UP!  This is important!  Alex Bates is one of my favorite cousins and is my hero because he helps me through hard times and he never gives up.  Alex is always here for me and he is my amazing hero. 

First, Alex is my hero because he helps me through hard times.  That means when something is difficult he helps me through it.  One time when my other cousin hit me in the face with the soccer ball, Alex helped me by helping me up.  He said, "Are you O.K.?"  and he helped me inside.  Another time was when I was having a bad day.  He gave me a smile, and he got my other cousins to play tag with me too.  When Alex did all of those things, I was having a great day!  Alex is a great person to be with, and is a really, really good helping hero!

Second of all, Alex never gives up.  That means when something is rough he keeps trying and trying.  That inspires me to keep trying and trying.  For example, Alex was in the hospital for a very long time.  He was getting test after test, but even though all the tests were not fun at all, he knew it would help him so he stayed in the hospital during that hard time.  Another time Alex did not give up was when he was playing basketball with my other cousins and he was losing.  Even though his team was losing, he still never gave up.  He still was playing and he lost, but he had really good sportsmanship, because he did not say bad job.  Instead he said "Good game!"  and he did not complain.  Alex is a really great hero and he never gives up!  

All in all, Alex is my favorite hero. He helps me through hard times and  he never gives up. Without him I wouldn't  know how to help myself through hard times and it would be hard not to give up. Alex is a great hero!!