Andrew Dennis Biersack

by Sabrina from Centereach

What is a hero? There are multiple definitions, all of which are accurate and acceptable in their own significant ways. A hero is someone that inspires you to strive and achieve your goals; someone that you admire. There's always someone in your own life that helps you to keep on going and living the next day. That person might not exactly know who you are, but the fact that you know who they are, and the fact that they've saved you, should mean the absolute world. A musician as a hero writes or plays music to make sure that you give every ounce of effort that you have in order to make sure your head's kept up high. Metaphorically speaking, that person to you has a ray of sunshine coming out from behind them, and they're someone that you can be positive, is inspirational and meaningful to you.

Andrew Dennis Biersack is my selected hero for this assignment. Regardless of the fact that he isn't well known, he has influenced me in an unbelievable amount of ways. The name he is mainly known by is Andy Six, and he's the lead singer of rock band Black Veil Brides. He is young; he is invincible. Without a doubt, I am very much in contact with him, and throughout the months of talking to him, we've developed a brother/sister relationship, and he makes me feel special to get the privilege of speaking to him. He has been through an outrageous number of rough things in his lifetime, that most vulnerable and sensitive people would not be able to cope with. He has been there for me, through thick and thin, more than anyone has ever been in my entire life. He lets me know, pretty much weekly, that he'll always be there for me, and he'll never forget me, or the other fans.

Andy's biggest influence musically is Matt Skibba; lead singer of Alkaline Trio. Matt inspires Andy by all the criticism towards his appearance and the way he's been misjudged throughout the music he preforms. Matt's attitude to stay strong has enlightened Andy to be the best he can be, and inspire others as well. Andy is basically a replica of Matt Skibba in his appearance stage. He gets mistreated and disrespected on a daily basis, and so do kids that look just like him. What does Andy do? He stands up for us, and he stands up for himself too. He basically says, "We all may look like creeps to you, but we're all people, and there's no reason to single us out of anything, or to be misled by our appearance."

Andy has a lyrical influence as well. It's worldwide famous musician Bruce Springsteen. Springsteen has made himself successful and well known throughout his many decades of being around in the music industry. Andy says that he writes some of the most inspiring pieces of music and Bruce is definitely part of the reason why Andy became a lyricist and singer as well. Andy finds Bruce Springsteen to be absolutely fascinating with words and making sense of them. Springsteen's a very inspiring man and a perfect person to admire, considering he's done numerous amounts of humanitarian deeds; and Andy chose him to look up to.

From the beginning of his teenage years, Andy was destined to become a model. He did modeling in Dallas, Texas, for about a year's worth of time, around his fifteenth year. At that time, he knew Chris Stewart, who is one of the guitarist in his band today. Andy and Chris were the two sole creators of the band. They had started recording music together and started their band, in which is almost worldwide famous; Black Veil Brides. In October 2006, when Andy was 16 years old after his year long modeling career; he had began his band, and his success rate sky-rocketed. Andy is an extremely talented person and an unbelievably beautiful person inside and out.

He is inspiring; he in influential. He is a savior; he's a god to some people. He's used his own individual words to make kids smile and let them know that they should never give in and that they're never alone in the world. He's beyond what a god could be addressed as. He's a beautiful human being, inside and out; and he lets people know that they're beautiful. He surpasses the bad things in peoples' lives, and he only goes to the outrageous things people have done, and he knows everyone's a good person. He's Andy Six, and he is my own, personal number one hero.

Andy himself said the following words to me;

"Never let anyone change you. Be a warrior. Stand tall. Never give in."

And when I wrote a blog about him, he said the following;

"That is one of the most kind, heartfelt things I have ever read, and I feel incredibly honored to be the subject.
You are a truly beautiful person, never EVER let anyone tell you any differently... always remember you know something they don't, you believe in something no one can understand. You are strong. Never back down, when someone tries to tear you down, build your wall higher, when someone breaks your heart... write down the words that you feel and help yourself heal it.
We all go through life the same way, but in the end HOW we do it is what defines us. Never back down. Never accept less than what you want
And always remember there is a band of 5 guys from Ohio that will always have your back and have gone through everything... we are always there with you. We are family.
Your big brother, Andy <3"