Angel Estrada

by Juana from Ontario

Everyone has different heroes and my hero just appears to be my brother. My Angel is my hero my life. He prevented me from drowning and almost put his life before mine. He can sometimes be hard to understand even though he is now fifteen years old. He is nice, caring, and lovable. He is the smartest fifteen year old in my opinion.

It was a normal day at my local village pool. I had just moved to Samoa village and my family and I decided to go to the village pool. I was five or four and i was very excited. There was a hot tub and a long huge pool with ice cold water. I was so exited so i decided to jump in the hot tub.

All of a sudden I started to drown. My parents tried to get me but luckily my brother came. He eventually caught up to me and kind of tossed me out of the hot pool. But lucky for me my parents caught me.

My four sisters were terrified and didn't let me in the pool for the rest of the day. I was even terrified the rest of the day myself. I think my parents were the ones to be the most terrified. I promised to my parents that I wouldn't jump in the hot pool again ( Jacuzzi).

I will try to never drown again now that i know how to swim. I hope that you and others swim safely. Always remember to learn how to swim before jumping into pools. I hope to see or hear about your hero and about how that person became your hero. And remember your hero can be anyone you would like.