Abraham Lincoln

by Benjamin from Atglen

Abraham Lincoln born February 12, 1809
Abraham Lincoln born February 12, 1809

Mr. Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. He was born in a log cabin in Hardin County, Kentucky. During his childhood he moved a lot, from Hardin county Kentucky, then to Spencer County, Indiana, to Macon County, Illinois. Also he taught himself how to read and write.

Afterwards, in 1835 he was elected state legislature, from there he served four successive terms. Then Lincoln achieved prominence as a Whig. Later, in 1836 he became an attorney. A year later he moved to Springfield where he was assigned law partner to John T. Stuart. Sadly his motives behind the Mexican War seemed unpatriotic to his constituents.

A trait that I think Abraham Lincoln shows is courage. He shows this trait because he denounced the Mexican War. Another trait he shows is selfless. He is selfless because he decided to become our 16th president; he cares about our laws and government. Also I think he was valor. He fought an entire war to stop slavery.

Abraham Lincoln is a hero to me. If slavery was still going on we wouldn’t be here right now, some of us would be working until we die. That is why I chose Abraham Lincoln to be my hero.