Abraham Lincoln

by Thomas from Hillsborough

Sixteenth president Abraham Lincoln is my hero. He courageously led the Union Army to win the Civil War. In doing this he freed America from slavery. He also kept the U.S.A. as one united country. In retrospect, Abraham Lincoln was a wonderful person and a great role-model to look up to.

Abraham Lincoln led the unions through the civil war without flaw or withdrawal. He eventually led them to win the civil war in 1861 The biggest help that the unions got in the war was Lincoln’s strong leadership and perseverance. Lincoln was a wonderful leader in the civil war. He was very determined to win the war. His determination is what gave the unions the greatest victory of all In winning the civil war Lincoln also freed this country of slavery.

Abraham Lincoln freed all American slaves by winning the civil war. Abraham Lincoln strove for peace and equal rights for everybody. He dreamed of freedom for all. And his dream came true when he won the civil war and the slaves were freed. During the war, he was calm, even when things looked bad. He finally led the unions to win victoriously and passed the Emancipation Proclamation document, which stated freedom for all slaves in America.

By winning the civil war, Abraham Lincoln also kept the USA together as an undivided country. His steady leadership through the civil war helped him accomplish this. He didn’t end the war early. He bravely led onward until America was undivided. Keeping the USA together was Abraham Lincoln’s greatest accomplishment. He fought not for himself, but for the union army, everyone in it, and most importantly, the country.

Abraham Lincoln was a great person and a wonderful role model. Aside from doing all of the great things that he did through the civil war, Lincoln was also a lawyer through most of his life. Different from most lawyers, Lincoln did not lie or exaggerate. Lincoln was a very fair lawyer. That and the other great things he did in his life are what make him one of the greatest presidents who ever lived. That is why he is my hero.

american civil war . "(the American civil war, W).." [Online] Available http://cwar.nps.gov/civilwar.

Norton, Robert . The accomplishments of Abraham Lincoln.

Norton, Robert . Abraham Lincoln research site .

Sarget, Tom. Making a civil war in Montana .