Abraham Lincoln

by Liam from Ingleside

Abraham Lincoln November 1863 (Wikepedia.org (Alexander Gardner))

Abraham Lincoln is a tall man, he was a normal person and he was picked to be the president of United States. He stopped black people from being slaves.

He was picked because he was a great person, but the people who were mean to black people hated him because he was good. He fought for peoples' right to be free, he could not be a bad man.

Abraham Lincoln November 1863 (Original (Liam))

He was a normal person. He wore a top hat and a big plain beard. He had a son William Wallace Lincoln who was 11 when he died. He died because of a bad sickness on February 20, 1862. Lincoln had a dog named Fido and a horse named old Bob, they were brought back to his home when he died.

He believed that black people should not be slaves and set them free. He was a great president, so good they built a statue of him. He was a commander in chief for the civil war.

He had a world famous speech, "Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."