Abraham Lincoln

by Bradley from Monroe

A house divided against itself cannot stand.
Lincoln
Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809 in Hardin County, Kentucky. Lincoln’s parents gave him his grandfather’s name. His grandfather was killed by Indians in the 1786 Kentucky wilderness.

When Lincoln was still a toddler his family moved to Knob Creek. In 1816 the Lincoln family moved to Indiana, the 100 mile move was one of the hardest experiences of his life. Not long after the new log cabin was finished at Little Pigeon Creek, Lincoln’s aunt and uncle moved in with them, but soon after they moved in they died of The Milk Sickness. After their deaths Lincolns’ mother fell ill with the Milk Sickness, a week later she died at the age of thirty-four.

Lincoln’s childhood was hard for him, but his life as a president was harder because he was shot by Booth while watching the play at Fords Theater. He later died in the morning on April 15, 1865 without gaining consciousness.

Lincoln is my hero because he worked hard to end slavery. He was the 16th president of the United States. He was looked up to by all except the Confederates.