Abraham Lincoln

by David from St. Charles

A hero is someone who is courageous and a great leader to everyone. Also, a hero is someone who impacts people's lives. My hero is Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States of America, and he was a very courageous and intelligent man. His motive as soon as he took office was to push to end slavery, which was a huge problem back in the 1800s. And eventually, even though he wasn't alive for it because he got assassinated, slavery eventually came to a stop. Slavery is now illegal today in the United States because of what Abraham Lincoln did. Also, once slavery ended, the North and South of the United States eventually joined together, so the United States became one big country. So, Abraham Lincoln is my hero because, after he died, his legacy continued on to make big changes to the United States, as in uniting the country itself into one big country, and ending slavery.

Abraham Lincoln had a major impact on the United States of America. First of all, he ended slavery. Second of all, his legacy continued on to unite the North and South into one strong country. He was a big part in shaping the country into what it is today. Lincoln was born in Hardin County, Kentucky, and was raised in Perry County, Indiana, and eventually moved to Macon County, Illinois. His father was Thomas Lincoln and his mother was Nancy Hanks Lincoln. Lincoln had an older sister, Sarah, and a younger brother, Thomas. In his adult life, he became a lawyer. Eventually, he ran for president of the United States. He ran against Stephen A. Douglas, and beat him out for the job. So he became the 16th President of the United States. During his term, he had to go through a war to push to end slavery, which was successful. But, he wasn't alive to see slavery end because he got assassinated by John Wilkes Booth. I consider him one of the best presidents of the United States of America.

Abraham Lincoln, during his time as President, accomplished some major goals of his that had a lasting impact on the United States. For one, he was the reason that slavery ended. And two, his legacy made peace between the North and the South after he got assassinated, which pretty much shaped the United States in some way into what it is today. That's why he's my hero. He's my hero because he pretty much, with ending slavery and uniting the North and the South, made the United States a big, strong country. I live in the United States, and I'm happy that this country is what it is today; united and strong.

Everyone has a hero in life for a reason. Some heroes are good, but unfortunately some aren't so good. Abraham Lincoln is my hero because of his impact on our beautiful nation today. He influenced me to become a leader. He also abolished slavery, and in doing so through the Civil War, he brought together the North and the South, which shaped the country into what it is today. So, Abraham Lincoln is my hero because of how he made my nation a strong, independent one.

As you can see, Abraham Lincoln is my hero because of his everlasting impact on this great nation. I consider him one of the best Presidents the United States has ever had, and will ever have. I am so grateful to live in this country, and this country is what it is today mainly from what Lincoln did.