Abraham Lincoln

by Taz from Barrie

Abraham Lincoln was born February 12th 1809 and died Friday April 14th 1865. This is a biography of what happened in his lifetime.

Abe Lincoln was born Sunday, February 12th 1809, in Sinking Spring Farm Southeast, Hardin Country, Kentucky. Abe only had about 1 year of schooling but loved to read mainly because his mom encouraged him to. He also was strong and wrestled the town bully. He had a sister named Sarah, a father named Thomas Lincoln [that’s where he got his last name] and a mother named Nancy Hanks. When Abe was young his mother died of milk sickness and when Thomas remarried, Abe was close to his step mom. Abraham’s mother influenced him as he said in his quote "All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother." Abraham Lincoln. Abe stood about 6 feet tall and weighed about 120 pounds.

Some of Abe’s obstacles were assassins and other presidents campaigning. To get around the assassins he used disguises. Abraham is a hero to me because he abolished slavery, which took a lot of courage because many Americans promoted slavery. Abraham Lincoln’s most famous achievements were abolishing slavery and winning the war. Abe was courageous because he stood up in front of a whole bunch of people and said what he thought was right. Some people liked his ideas and some people didn’t. The people that didn’t usually tried to assassinate him. Sadly Abe was assassinated on Good Friday, April 14, 1865. The Lincolns attended a play at Fords Theater; during the play John Wilkes booth snuck up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. He was the first president to be assassinated.

Abe Lincoln inspires me to be a better person and to stick up for what is right because he died trying to make the world a better place and I want to do the same.