Akira Toriyama

by Jasmine from Tulsa

Born April 5, 1955, Akira Toriyama is the author of the amazing Dragonball, Dragonball z, and Dragonball GT. I would never choose anybody besides Akira to be my hero. Technically, he's been with me through thick and thin. I've watched his show for seven years. When i look at the detail in his drawings it makes me want to become as great as him. His characters look realistic. The first time I actually saw his book characters come to life, i was blown away. That was truly art in motion. Akira designs the characters, writes the story and makes their lines. I've watched animation for over seven years, and i've never seen anyone put as much detail into their characters as Akira.

I picked Akira to be my hero mainly because he inspires me to try harder and work towards your goals. I know i will never become as good as him, but hopefully i'll come close. Akira has created and published books, comics, movies, and graphic novels for over 50 years. Everything he's made up became known to our world for one reason; because he never gives up on his ideas. Someday i'll travel to his little town in Japan and pay him a visit. I'd like to continue his work in Dragonball z.

According to Akira, his town is peaceful. He says everybody greets you and all homes there are for free expression, and not for good impression. Akira doesn't exactly live in there, he lives a little bit outside of the town in a peaceful hut with his mother. Akira is still alive today, he doesn't make animation anymore, but he still draws. Toriyama and i actually have a lot in common, we both like to draw while watching Dragonball z, and we only watch the movie on the action scenes. Akira is important to me because the movies he creates are so intense. When i watch them i get lost in the emotions of the characters; plus they're only cartoons and he can make them react humanly.

Akira teaches me how important world peace is and how we should spread it as much as possible. He is my hero and that will never change. A hero brings peace, a hero saves lives, and a hero inspires you to live your dreams. Using this definition of a hero a choose Akira Toriyama to be my hero