Andrew Christopher "Drew" Brees

by Omar from EDEN PRAIRIE

andrew brees(drew brees) (wikimedia.org)

A hero is someone who helps people, is always there for you and cares about you. A hero has a lot of courage and a hero perseveres, which means refuses to give up. Also a hero is a responsible person and generous. That's what you call a hero and that is why I picked Drew Brees.

Andrew Brees was born on January 15,1979 in Dallas, Texas. He is an American NFL football quarterback for the New Orleans Saints. He donated money for food, education and opportunities for kids. He raised $200,000 dollars for charity with t-shirts.

Brees was involved in the big hurricane in New Orlean. He helped them by donating money for New Orleans. The hurricane happened on August 29, 2005. After the big disaster Drew Brees donated a lot of money to help New Orleans. That is what you call a lot of help.

saints drew brees (nydailynews.)
saints drew brees (nydailynews.)

Drew Brees and his wife Brittany's Dream Foundation helps a lot of people in New Orleans. He raised $4.5 million to help cancer research and to take care of patients. He also helped rebuild schools, parks and playgrounds after the hurricane. He helped Operation Education in New Orleans. Operation Education is a program to teach freedom.

Drew Brees will do everything to help poor and hungry kids. That was really nice of him donate a lot of money. That is why he is my favorite quarterback. I did not pick Drew Brees because he is the best quarterback but I picked him because he helped a lot of people struggling with the hurricane that happened and all the donations he made.

New Orleans - NFL web site.
Drew Brees Dream Foundation - Drew Brees raises money to help people