Abraham Lincoln

by Riley from Carbondale

<a href=http://www.abrahamlincolnartgallery.com/images/lincoln19.JPG>Abraham Lincoln</a>
Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln was a very good man but he was a man that lived a short life. He was born on February 12th 1809. He died on Good Friday, April 14th of 1865. Abraham Lincoln was born in Hardin County, Kentucky. He grew up and worked as a farmer for a while and worked in the outdoors. As Mr. Lincoln grew older he became interested in law. He became a lawyer and owned an office in Springfield, Illinois. In 1860 Lincoln ran for president and won the election. Abraham Lincoln served as our 16th president all through 1861-1865. Lincoln was known as “Honest Abe” but in 1865 he was assassinated.

Abraham Lincoln helped people in many ways. He made our country an even better place. Abraham Lincoln passed the Emancipation Proclamation. This helped free the slaves that were within the Confederacy. This is great because the slaves must have been going through tough times and to make it better Lincoln freed them from being slaves. I am glad Abraham Lincoln did this, though I wish that he could have freed every slave and not just the ones in the Confederacy. I do wonder that if Lincoln wouldn’t have freed the slaves if today, we would still have them in America.

Abraham Lincoln is very important to me. He made everything different but way better in the United States. He was a very nice man. He would never be selfish and never judged someone by their skin color. He loved his country and was dedicated to help it in any shape or form. He loved his job as president and wanted everything to be fair. If he was alive and running for president again, I would vote for him! He was the best man to be born. That is why Abraham Lincoln is my true hero.

Abraham Lincoln - White House
Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia