Alejandrina Guzmán

by Alejandra from Tampico, Mexico

What do we think when we hear the word hero? Maybe someone who has marked a difference, someone who has saved a life, or someone who is there for you. My mother is mine. She takes care of the whole family and also she helps in her work preparing events or having important documents in her hands.

My mom is awesome. She had made campaigns so when workers are on the platforms they don’t get hurt; she has also helped in the movements for the privatization of PEMEX. She is also beautiful. She is tall, brown and curly hair, thin and with a soft color skin. She is so aware of us that if we get sick she is the one that insists we to go to the doctor.

The most organized person I know is my mother, she has all the important papers in a box so when we are looking for some paper, it is there. Also something I had seen in her and not in other people is that even though she can’t brighten her day she will always brighten yours with her sympathy and energy. We can trust in her, she is like a consoler for everyone; she will always try to help.

She is my hero, maybe yours can be different but all heroes have something in common. Their good work and coexistence with people is what makes them feel like a closer person than they are. For me my mom is one of the most important people on this world because she is not only my mother, she is more like my best friend.