Alejandro

by Iván from Buenos Aires

This is my father in Miami
This is my father in Miami

My hero is a very special hero, he is my father. I chose to write about him because he deserves it and he is a very good person.

My father, Alejandro, lives in Buenos Aires in an apartment with five more people who are his family. I think he is a great hero because he helps everyone with his/her problems and he never gives up because he says that when we do start something, we have to finish it. My father made a very big difference in my life by teaching me how to solve my personal conflicts all throughout my life. If he hadn’t been so brave, dedicated, funny and quick thinking as he is, I wouldn’t have been as I am now.

I know it’s very difficult for him to dedicate a little period of time to his son or/and daughters because he works nearly all day, every day. I also consider my father a hero because he wants everyone to feel all right. When he talks to someone, he always tries to make the other person feel happy and protected.

This year I read a book called “Number the Stars,” written by Lois Lowry, in which there was a girl called Annemarie who was considered a heroine. She was considered a heroine because she wanted equality between Jewish and Christian people. She was also friendly and helpful because together with her family she helped her best friend’s family to escape from the Nazi persecution. They help Ellen’s family escape from the Nazis by asking her Uncle Henrick if he could sail to Sweden with Ellen’s family. I think my father and Annemarie have no relationship as a hero or heroine because they have different personalities.

In my opinion my father, Alejandro, is a very good not well known hero. I love him because he is very similar to me in many aspects such as what we like, the way we are and also the way we think.