Anja

by Eva from Ljubljana

A Hero is a person who has done something brave or friendly for the people. Or a hero can be a strong person in some book. If I look the word "hero" up in dictionaries I will find these definitions: - someone who is admired for doing something very brave or good. - a person who is admired for having done something very brave or having achieved something great. In my opinion my definitions are not so different than this definition that you can look up in dictionary. My hero is my sister. She is 21 years old and six years older than me. She is very nice. She goes to college to Ljubljana. She is my only sister. Anja is always having a solution for our problems. She loves to cook and bake too. She is my hero because she is a very strong person. She has a heart defect and she almost died at her birth. The first three years she had many operations. She was even in London for one operation. Today she may not run about that. Then age sixteen the doctors have found a mistake on her back, so she had a surgery again. They were very afraid that she will die because of her heart, but she was very strong and she is great. I think she was very brave, so she will always be my example. I know that she will help me with everything if i ask her. She is always trying to take care of me. I think i couldn't do anything without her, and she will never give up on me.