Bill Gates

by Matt from Glenbrook Middle School

“Life is not fair; get used to it”-Bill Gates
 (http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~manpreet_singh/Bill_Gates.jpg)

Many people only know Bill Gates as the creator of Microsoft and someone who topped the list for 400 richest Americans, but he is much more. You would think one of the richest people in the world would keep his money to himself, but Gates owns a foundation that donates money to eliminate poverty and to help find cures for disease. I chose him as my hero for this reason.

Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955, in Seattle, Washington. He was a very talented individual in school. In 1973 he enrolled at Harvard University. In January, he married Melinda Gates, who was from Texas. They had 3 children, who are now in middle school. When Gates created Microsoft, he made more and more money, but he didn't selfishly keep the money to himself. He created the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000, which donates money to health foundations find cures for diseases. The foundation donates money to help end poverty.

As you can see, Gates is not only helping the world with technology, but also by funding for medical needs and to free families from poverty. Gates makes me believe that not all rich people are selfish with their money and that there is someone that cares about the problems in the world.

Sources: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Bill and Melinda Gates . 3 november 2008 Wikipedia. September 2008 Bill Gates . © 1999-2008 September 2008

Brainy Quotes . Copyright 2008 September 2008

Google Images - A picture of Bill Gates.
Wikipedia - Information on Bill Gates on Wikipedia.
Gates Foundation - Information on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation