Brendon German

by Maria from Cali, Colombia

My hero is Brendon German. I am going to write about this boy because for me heroes are the people that do things without expecting something back and give an example to others; I think that Brendon demonstrated all of this. In the following paragraphs you will read about how Brendon saved his teacher and some important aspects of his life.

I would write some important information of my hero that caught my attention. Brendon is 9 years old. He likes the comics about super heroes and he had the opportunity to be one. The teacher who was saved is called Madonna Kenser that suffers of asthma. One day during the class she experienced an attack and all the kids were very afraid and the only one that got the inhaler was Brendon German. Madonna and all the teachers were very proud of him because the most incredible thing is that he is autistic - that means “a disorder of neural development that affects social interaction, behavior and communication. These signs all begin before a child is three years old” by Wikipedia. When she recovered, Madonna went to the doctor. He told her that she was fortunate because many people have died in the same situation.

Brendon is my hero because he was very intelligent and saved a person having a big problem. Also because he demonstrates to other persons that have the same disease that they can make many things. Besides I think that we make fun of these persons because we think they are foolish but they aren’t because they are persons like us.

I hope you enjoy my story and learned something about my hero. Also I expected that you will no longer judge someone only for his or her aspect or anything else. I appreciate that you have read my story.

Brendon German - from KFVS 12 News
Aspergian Pride - shares the remarkable stories of other autistic individuals