Barbara Walters

by Lydia B from Pennsylvania

Barbara Walters
Barbara Walters

In honor of Barbara Walters, I did research about this hero in “Biography Today.” I chose her because she’s a good role model for teens. After the research, I was glad I did because I learned so much about her.

Who knew such a normal beginning would give the world such a hero? Barbara Walters was born to Louis Edward and Dena Selett Walters on September 25, 1931 in Boston, Massachusetts.

The foundation of heroism is education. Walters attended first grade in Brookline then in Miami Beach. She went back and forth between Florida and New York City. She then attended private schools in New York, Fieldston in Riverdale and Birch Wathen in Manhatten. She graduated the latter in 1949. She got a B.A. degree from Sarah Lawrence College in Riverdale.

Hard work contributes to heroism. In her career she moved to the ABC network because it offered more money than her old job did. Walters adopted a baby and named her Jacqueline Dena. Later, she married her husband Martin Lee Adelson.

Barbara Walters is important to mankind and changed the world. She became a reporter on the Today show. Her sister was mentally challenged, and in her childhood she couldn’t communicate with her. She thought everyone’s sister was mentally challenged. I think this made her a stronger person.

google.com - Barbara Walters
google.com - Barbara Walters
brainyquote.com - Barbara Quote