Shana Bellairs

by Cheyenne from Altoona

Have you ever had a hero? I have and her name is Shana Bellairs. She was a student teacher at my school. Miss Bellairs was training to be a teacher. She left our school last year to become a teacher. Miss Bellairs was not a student teacher to me, she was a best friend that I will never forget. She taught me many things about team work and how to solve problems. She taught me math and language arts. She is funny and a hard worker. She solved most of everyone's problems.

The Penn State logo
The Penn State logo

Miss Bellairs inspired me to start writing poetry. She is one of those people who is funny but knows when to be serious. That is why she is an excellent teacher. Miss Bellairs went to Penn State University to become the teacher she is today. She was committed to many things like being on a swim team, getting up in the mornings and going to student teach, and working hard. Of all the student teachers I’ve had, she was my favorite.

I wrote a poem about her because she inspired me. Before she left last year to start her new life teaching, I asked her to write something on a piece of paper. And she wrote, “Cheyenne you have taught me more than anyone else. Best wishes for a fantastic future! Love, Miss Bellairs.” My eyes flowed with tears because I knew she would not come back again. It made me very sad.

Miss Bellairs was like a sister to me because she always made me laugh, and I always made her laugh. She said her dream was to become a teacher and go back to her hometown to teach. It makes me cry when I talk about her . Even when I was writing this I tried to hold back the tears but could not. That is how much I miss her. I would give her hugs everyday before leaving. And I would get them back. That would make me feel happy that I was making someone happy also.

The Tuck Everlasting book
The Tuck Everlasting book

I wish she could come back and teach for a day. But that can not happen. I wish is what I say to myself I wish. For my last statement . She is my hero because she is not famous she, is not on magazines or on television or on Oprah or anything , she is My Hero.