Uncle Bill

by Jacob from Blue Sky

My uncle Bill is my hero. He is my mom's brother. Bill is married and has 3 daughters. My mom is divorced and has 2 boys so Bill was always there to help out. I think we were the boys he never had.

My parents were divorced when I was 4 and I didn't see much of my dad after that. We lived in a different town than my uncle but he would always come and get us to stay with him for weekends. We eventually moved to the same town and actually lived with him and his family for awhile. I am so glad that we did.

Both my brother and I really enjoy sports. My mom would come to watch all of our games, which was great, but uncle Bill was the one we really liked to have watch us. He always encouraged us and also lets us know how to correct any mistakes we had made. He would play baseball, football and basket ball with us all the time. He would teach us new moves and then make sure we used them in our next game.

My uncle has always been there for me to talk to as well. Mom's great but there are just some things that it is easier to talk with my uncle about.

I appreciate everything he has done for us and I know my mom does too. I hope some day I will be a father as well as an uncle as great as he is.