Siddhartha Gautama

by Kelsey from Reynoldsburg

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." -Buddha

Siddhartha Gautama, like other founders of religions has made an enormous impact on society. He had once lived a very sheltered and privileged life in which he knew nothing of the real world, or others trials and tribulations throughout life. Once he discovered how life really worked he knew to solve this problem he must reach enlightenment. He then gave up everything and devoted his life to reaching this point of eternal bliss, not only for himself, but others.

After reaching enlightenment Siddhartha Gautama took on the name Buddha, or "the enlightened one". He traveled around to spread his knowledge and wisdom to all people, which was never spread by violence. He provided aid, support, charity, and goodwill to any and everybody. Through his teachings he had inspired others to reach this point of enlightenment to create a more peaceful place of living for all of mankind without sufferance. To this day Buddha is still an inspiration to many having over a billion people calling themselves Buddhist.