Cesar Chavez

by Yesica from Farmersville

My hero is Cesar Chavez. Cesar was a brave leader that has inspired me. He is a fighter, he fights for what he wants. He didn't like how farm workers were treated nor how they were paid. Cesar Chavez was and still is a hero to a lot of Mexicans.

Cesar Chavez was born in March 31, 1927 in Arizona. As he was a kid he worked on the fields. As he grew older he and his family had to constantly be moving because they needed jobs. When Cesar was in the 8th grade he attended 38 different schools.

When Cesar became an adult he got tired of farm workers working conditions. He didn't like how they would treat them with no respect. Farm workers didn't get paid enough, while they worked they didn't have restrooms, they also didn't have any  breaks, just work work work. Cesar was doing all he can to help farm workers and to get them more comfortable working. Cesar did a march from Delano to Sacramento walking. While they stopped at every city to rest, more and more people kept on joining them.

Cesar kept on doing everything he could to change the way farm workers were treated and conditions. Now because of Cesar, people working in the fields get 10-15-20 minutes breaks. They also provide water for all workers. Another thing is they have restrooms. All those things changed the way people actually would work in the fields.

Cesar Chavez sadly died peacefully in his sleep, near Yuma, Arizona. His death was really tragic for a lot of people. Even tho he's not with us anymore he is still remembered and getting known as a hero.