Cesar Millan

by Sydney from Kailua

My hero is Cesar Millan. You may only know him as the Dog Whisperer, or not even know him at all. I love animals more than anything in the world. I am closest to dogs, because I have four of them. That is why he is my hero.

He trains dogs and their owners. His ability to help people live easier with their dogs is amazing. He has his own “doggie boot camp” that he offers to take dogs to, for a few weeks if they really need it. Some dogs are really aggressive around other animals. Which makes it almost impossible to walk them if they’re strong. But, Cesar always helps the owner on how to walk the dog. And calms down the dog.

Cesar Millan has a show on the Discovery Channel called “The Dog Whisperer” that earned an Emmy nomination.The show is about Cesar going to people’s houses and training the dog and it’s family. What ever their problem is with their dog he fixes it. He usually has to re-train the dogs’ owners to help them lead their pet.

Though he has a show he wanted another way to help people train their dogs. He published a book called Cesar’s Way. I think that was a good idea because the people that aren’t fortunate enough to get him personally can still get his advice from reading the book. He is the co-author.

Cesar was born on May, 12, 1969 in Culican, Mexico. His profession is dog training (and does a really good job at it too). He has made it his living along with the television show he works on.