Champ

by Donovan from Laguna Beach

My hero is my dog Champ. He is a Havanese, and I got him when he was six months old. He is loving, cute, and really fast!

Champ is my hero because when I'm sad he comes up and licks me (that makes me feel better). Another way that he is my hero, is he is so funny that he makes me smile after I hurt myself. The funny thing he does is run around in circles.

Champ has many places where he helps me and other people. The first place is in the neighborhood on walks. He helps on walks by acting cute and funny. The second place is my house. In my house he helps by making me smile when I'm hurt. The last place is my friend's house. He helps my friends' by greeting them with a smile.

The reason I chose Champ as my hero is because he senses when you're sad. That makes him a hero because when you're sad he comes up and loves you by licking you and acting funny. To me he is a dog that is always happy.

Havanese - American Kennel Club