Crista

by Devina from St. Angela High School

“I’m a friend of you because you are you. I don’t demand you to be perfect. I accept you just the way you are.”
Crista
Crista

I know someone. I just met her a year ago. She is just a simple girl. However, she is special for me. She never realizes the beauty of herself. I know that God has given her a lot of gifts and she always uses her gifts to help other people. She is kind and modest. She gives me the motivation to be the best. She teaches me to be true to myself and other people. As time goes by, I realize many things. She always says, ”I didn’t know what to do if I never met you.”

For me, I am not a better person like I am now if I never met her. She usually says, ”You always help me when I need you.” For me, that’s all I can do for what she has done. She often says, ”I’m happy if you are happy, I’m sad if you are sad.” For me, I don’t want her to be sad. I wish her happiness all the time.

Well, she is just a human. She is not perfect. She is not wise. She doesn’t have the ability to do everything. She doesn’t always have the solution for my problems. Sometimes, she makes a mistake. Other times, she makes me angry and she often drives me crazy. She doesn’t always understand me. She isn't always here for me. However, it doesn’t matter. Other people love her because she is what she is and I care about her because of the same reason.

I have many other friends. Some of them are much better than her. Some of them are much wiser than her. Some of them are almost perfect. But, it still doesn’t matter. I don’t need her to be perfect. I need her because she influences my life in a good way. Because she is the one I can lean on when I’m weak, she is the one who can accept my weaknesses.

Moreover, on top of all, she is the only one who says, “I’m a friend of you because you are you. I don’t demand you to be perfect. I accept you just the way you are.”
That’s it. All of the reasons are enough for me to write this. My best friend is my hero. I am grateful because God has given me the chance to know her. To end this, I just have something to say to her.

Thank you, Crista.