David Suzuki

by Emilie from Calgary

David Suzuki was born march 24, 1936 in Vancouver B.C. Mr. Suzuki has a twin sister named Marcia Suzuki as well as two other sisters Geraldine and Jenny Suzuki. He and his family suffered internment when he was six till the end of the Second World War. The government than entered his mom him and his two sisters in a camp in Slocan in British Colombia Interior, his Father was sent to a labour camp in Solsqua two months earlier. Suzuki's sister, Jenny, was born in the internment camp.

David Suzuki attended Mill Street Elementary School for grades 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8. In grade 9 he attended Leamington Secondary School. Later that year he moved to London and he attended London Central Secondary School. His final year he ran for Student Council President he won by more votes than all of the other candidates combined.

Mr Suzuki is a great Canadian hero in many ways. The biggest one is his environmental work. He created a foundation to help the environment it is called The David Suzuki Foundation. He with the help of others has made a great difference in our world and in our environment.

David Suzuki has dedicated his whole life to stopping global warming. He has tried to get his voice heard about our environmental issues. By doing many T.V. shows like "the Nature of Things." Mr Suzuki is an author of many books for both adults and children. He's inspired millions across our nation. That is why he is my hero and a hero to many other people all around our globe.