David Van Dijk

by Palmer from Pleasant Grove

"Moles!"

David Van Dijk is a science teacher at Pleasant Grove High School. He teaches chemistry and AP biology. He has saved students everywhere by providing much needed comic-relief, which lightens any student's mood.

Mr. Van Dijk currently resides in Pleasant Grove. He has two sons, one of with includes Mike Van Dijk, and two daughters. Van Dijk is a very popular teacher among the students, and has many nicknames. A few of these include 'Van Dizz', 'V-Dizzle', and his most common nickname, 'Van Dijk.'

Van Dijk's classroom is unique, due to the fact that he has several animals in his classroom. He has two turtles, several lizards, and the classroom favorite, a cockatiel named Mr. Quantum. Mr. Quantum has lived in Pleasant Grove High for over seven years. He has never left the campus up to this point in time. During class, Mr. Quantum is generally quiet, but he will chirp on occasion.

Van Dijk is the advisor of the Operation Smile club. Operation Smiles raises money to help children in third world countries with cleft palettes. The students in Operation Smiles help raise money and gather donations to help pay for surgeries for the children with cleft palettes. Pleasant Grove High has raised several thousand dollars within the past few years. This money has been donated to help over 10 children.

Operation Smile - Our teacher Mr. Van Dijk is an advisor for this wonderful organization.