Leonardo da Vinci

by matt from Gold Coast

Leonardo DaVinci was and is still known as one of the greatest thinkers of the old world. Leonardo was born on April 15 1452. He was the son of a wealthy Florentine lawyer, in the city of Vinci, which is now known as Italy. His mother was a peasant girl. After his birth, his father was quickly convinced to marry into a wealthy family, and his mother given to a cow herder.

DaVinci spent his early years on his father’s farm in Italy. He loved all the nature and animals living in the mountains. His father soon recognized Leonardo’s immense intelligence and got him a job as an apprentice artist with the artist a Verrocchio. He was an excellent apprentice and quickly became the head of the workshop.

He had been keen to learn hoe things worked, since he was a boy, especially machines. Although he hated war he worked as a war engineer, creating deadly and advanced weapons. It is thought that he didn’t have many fiends. He was living in Florence for a while then moved to Milan. He spent most of his life in these two cities. He felt he didn’t fit in well with the Florentine scholars. He also lived at the southern tip of France near marselles

He painted the Mona Lisa with her mysterious with her mysterious smile and his legendary interpretation of the last supper. He was very careful and precise with his paintings and was always looking over his shoulder to be sure that no one was copying him. He even “mirror writted” which was very easy for him as he was left handed. He even wrote backwards to prevent the Roman Catholic Church from knowing his scientific ideas, as the church didn’t approve of his thinking.

He’s most famous discoveries were in human anatomy. The church wouldn’t allow dissection as on humans, so he used pigs instead. He was the first to believe knowledge bout the world must be based on experiments, he was he also knew mathematics was an important point of science. Many of his experiments failed as there were no accurate instruments to use. He died on May 2nd 1519 in cloux, France. But his genius lives on in his ideas and work. He was an architect, musician, scientist, mathematition and inventor of genius, but most of all he is my hero, as today‘s world would be very different if he didn’t exist.