David Voshell

by Lorenda from Fort Morgan

David Vosheel

Have you ever had a dream that you could break out of your bad habits? Did you know how much your bad habits would get in the way and did you only have a little hope? Well I know a person who has come out a winner. Pastor David C. Voshell has overcome a lot to fulfill his lifelong dream. Because of this, he is my hero.

Ever since he was a little kid he would tell his mother he would one day be a great preacher and tell about the "word." Church did not play a very big part in his family, but one special day he met a pastor in Lakewood, Colorado. He attended his church and was inspired to teach, and started to read and study the bible. He started at Baptist Bible College in Denver, Colorado, in 1966. Then on one tragic day he broke his back and had to quit college.

He had taken correspondence courses and traveled to Chicago to study under another pastor for 9 years. Then he completed the requirements for an ordination in April of 1974. He still had not completed Bible College. He then went to get his bachelor degree. In 1995 he was able to complete that. David is now 67 and is preaching at Log Lane Community Church. David is also teaching at a local jail and is teaching a bible college in his church. He has been preaching for 30 years now.

So my hero has helped others everywhere and is a great person to look up to. He will help you whenever you need it. He will stop whatever he is doing and listen to you and help in anyway that he can. He is always available to help when you’re in need of prayer or just everyday normal stuff.

So that's my hero and he is definitely a winner. He has never failed to teach us about the word and he will always be my hero.