Destiny

by JB

What my Angel did for me!

In December 2004, I had my very first little girl. We named her Destiny. She didn't live to see today, but she has done so much for me even in her nine months. She completely changed my life.

I believe that I got pregnant in April 2004. Michael, her father, and I knew both knew just as soon as I became pregnant. We were so happy, but yet we dreaded what our families had to say. I told my mother while she was laying down with me. Please keep in mind that she was drinking but when I told her she kicked me in the stomach. It wasn't hard enough to hurt anything but it was still the fact of the matter. After that, my mother and I didn't get along so good. We still don't. However, she is my mother and I will always love her no matter what. She has kept me stocked with the necessities this long. Destiny made me realize though just how bad my life was when I was growing up. I hadn't really stopped to think about it before then. I vowed that she would not dare see some of the things that I saw. I refused. Michael told his parents that I was pregnant and what my mother had done.

I was at a friend's house when my mother and her boyfriend come to pick me up. They were arguing and fighting as normal. Well, I refused to go back with my mother. They threatened to call the law but never did. I stayed at that friend's house for a few months, but things didn't work out there. I went to my mother's who kicked me out as soon as I got there. Michael's family let me come stay with them. They were very, very nice to me. I fully appreciate everything they still do for me.

Michael and I got a call at school one day. We were urged to go to our doctor just as soon as we could. We left immediately. The Doctor. told us that Destiny wasn't going to make it and if she did there would be very little chance and that she would be a vegetable. We broke down and cried. We soon realized that life was too short for that petty things but you should enjoy it while it is here. I have tried to be friends with everyone, but yet my mother still will not let me be. It seems like she blames Michael for what happened to the baby and for that reason or another she does not like him. She tells me that we probally won't be good friends until I leave him but I continuously ignore her. I love Michael and we do alot for each other. If it was not for the baby, we may not be together, but I am so happy that we are.

Destiny has taught me that we have to deal with what is thrown at us and be grateful. She is my hero not only because she is my daughter but she has helped me to grow up, stay out of trouble, and be on my own. She has given me hope, love, and brought me to my knees in tears. I wish I could hold her some day; however long I hold on to the wish to hold her is how long she will be my hero. I will always have her in my heart and prayers.